About The Country Club
Nestled on 236 acres of land, just a few miles from Boston, The Country Club has approximately 1300 members.
Our year-round club provides many facilities including 27 holes of golf, five indoor tennis courts, four outdoor tennis courts, paddle & squash courts, an olympic-sized swimming pool with a café, curling, skeet shooting, skating, hockey and five guest rooms.
Some facts on The Country Club:
- The Club was established in 1882 as an equestrian and social club and golf was not introduced until 1893.
- The Club is one of the founding clubs of the United States Golf Association and is a major supporter of amateur level golf. The Country Club has hosted 16 USGA competitions; of these, six were U.S. Amateurs (the most recent in 2013) and three U.S. Opens (1913, 1963, 1988). The Country Club was also host to the 1999 Ryder Cup Matches.
- The Club hosted the Massachusetts Golf Association Men's Amateur Golf Tournament in 2003.
- The Clubhouse has one formal and one informal dining area with a full wine cellar, as well as function facilities.
- The kitchen facility is managed by a professional culinary team that is actively involved with the American Culinary Federation.
- On-site housing for 30 employees is available and the Club is accessible by public transportation, being only 15 minutes West of Boston.